On the play list: Grace (god knows I need some)

aMAZing...where's my sketch pad? look at the contrast!
Listening to Jeff Buckley's album Grace is like a mini vacation. The range and landscape of the album offers something new each time I listen to it. Be sure you give it your full time and attention and it will give back ten fold. But the big question is, "Where have I been?" This album was released in 1994...better late than never I guess.

So the Jeff Buckley awakening sent me back to some music I haven't listened to in a LONG time. Laurie Anderson (!?), Shawn Colvin, Bonnie Raitt, U2, Sarah McLachlan. Not all rediscovery was enjoyable, and some dragged up old memories. With the lens of years added to some of this music, some still fell away, and some became more meaningful.

A whole slew of new music has made it's way into my world, thanks to the spinmaster. I look forward to spending more time with new and old music. The girl is also enjoying the variations of tunes, and we happily give over the music controls whenever the spinmaster is around.

Steady on.

Comments

Popular Posts