Look what I found!

Yesterday, in between cleaning throw up bowls, I found this (below) on parenthacks.com, a blog I like to read daily. Here's the top paragraphs of the post, (be sure to read the comments, she is accepting all kinds of things for the children of Iraq). Link to site at the bottom of my post.

_______________________________________________

SPREAD THE WORD: SEND YOUR USED STUFFED ANIMALS AND TOYS TO CHILDREN IN IRAQ
I am speechless. I just got an email from Edmay Mayers, a member of the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers who is currently stationed in Iraq. She read the post on where to donate stuffed animals, and offered her own suggestion:

Please, please, please – I know where you can give all the stuffed animals and toys away – I am presently stationed (deployed) in Iraq. The children here love the stuffed toys – I can hardly keep up with the cost of them – I am continuously ordering more and more from Oriental Trading Company and candy for the young ones too. If there is any way at all please have any and all sent to me at the address listed below and I will ensure that the children in Iraq receive all that is sent.

When I sent a followup note to be sure I had the proper address, here was her reply:

The mailing address is as follows:

Edmay Mayers
USACE - GRS
APO AE 09331

That is all there is --- it will reach me and I will give them to our PSD teams who will be more than happy to give them to the children. Please see attached photo of some of the children here that were given candy and stuffed animals on the road. These are the poorest of the poor here in Iraq - down the back roads. They are precious, innocent little ones who are just caught up in all the mess - they are beautiful.

I Googled Edmay to find out more, and came upon this amazing article about her passion for Iraqi children, posted just days ago on Operation Iraqi Freedom: Official Website of Multi-National Force - Iraq.
_______________________________________________

So, here's the blog posting:
Here's the link: http://www.parenthacks.com/2006/09/spread_the_word.html
Here's the link for free shipping supplies: http://www.parenthacks.com/2006/10/free_postal_sup.html

Comments

Popular Posts